Technical SEO is the Cinderella of SEO. It’s a highly unappreciated, menial aspect of search engine optimization, but it can make or break your search engine rankings.
Technical SEO agencies understand that.
That’s why you should partner with the right one to reach your business objectives.
This guide analyzes the 7 best SEO agencies in the market. You will learn:
- Their SEO strategies
- Their unique selling points
- How they compare with one another
- Breeeze offers data-driven technical SEO and scalability.
- Tuff Growth specializes in comprehensive growth marketing strategies.
- Onely excels in technical SEO without additional marketing services.
- Single Grain focuses on foundational technical SEO for higher rankings.
- WebFX is an all-in-one marketing solution with a wide range of services.
- FreshEgg offers flexible digital marketing support and technical SEO expertise.
- Sparro combines technical SEO with performance marketing.
- The choice of agency depends on your specific business needs and goals.
Why Work with a Technical SEO Agency?
Technical SEO agencies understand that technical optimization underpins your entire SEO efforts.
- Technical errors and poor website structure hide your best content from search engine crawlers, meaning they cannot index your website properly. And that affects your search engine visibility.
- Not prioritizing specific SEO issues is a mistake that plummets your website even lower. For example, in your case, content optimizations may not be as important as fixing your server speed.
- User experience elements like page load speed and mobile-friendliness increase the click-through rate, dwell time, and visit depth. And all these factors signal to Google that your website is relevant, so your search ranking increases.
Solid technical SEO agencies:
- Have the SEO tools and know-how to solve those technical issues.
- Know which SEO problems to prioritize.
- Have a comprehensive approach to SEO.
By contrast, relying on your in-house team wastes time and resources. A good SEO agency will help maximize your budget and help you dominate SERPs.
Best Technical SEO Agencies
Now that you understand why you should hire a technical SEO agency let’s dive right in with the best:
1. Breeeze: Best Scalable SEO Agency
- Services: Technical site audit, speed optimization, mobile optimization, penalty recovery, website migration, competitor analysis, customized technical SEO strategies, link-building, content strategy
- Clients: inBeat, Tiddle, ThreatX, Arielle, Content Allies, Hurom, iWave
Breeeze’s unique selling point is relying on hard data to improve your SEO efforts.
The agency’s team of SEO experts is highly detail-oriented. For you, that means they will explore every nook and cranny of your website, finding and solving technical SEO errors.
Here’s their technical optimization strategy in a nutshell:
- Website crawling to sleuth crawl errors, focusing on indexation issues, sitemap, and robot meta tags.
- Analyzing technical on-page elements like meta descriptions, canonical tags, backlink analysis, and page titles to fix errors.
- Image optimization to improve load time and user experience.
- Link optimization, such as finding and fixing broken links and orphan pages. Breeeze will also build your external link structure with high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites.
- Improving user experience, such as enhancing your mobile speed and website performance and ensuring your website is mobile-friendly.
Breeeze will also monitor all technical SEO metrics and Google Analytics data, giving you in-depth reports on how changing these technical elements improves your overall SEO efforts.
Apart from their technical SEO services, this agency can help you with other SEO strategies, such as:
- Keyword research
- Competitor gap analysis
- Content planning, creation, and optimization
- Link-building in authoritative websites, with high domain ratings
As such, Breeeze is one of the best technical SEO agencies for scalable, sustainable SEO.
Pro-tip for SEO agencies: You can also count on Breeeze for its white-label SEO services.
And with all these services, Breeeze is a value-for-money agency compared to other bigger players in the market.
2. Tuff Growth: Best for Comprehensive Growth Marketing
- Services: Measurement, user experience, paid media, content, strategy and insights, testing
- Clients: Joyn, Teachable, Punchbowl, Cabi, Team Bootcamp, Xendoo, Soona, Hustle, Akko, Koji
Tuff Growth is one of the bigger players in the market, with prices to match their reputation. However, this agency is an excellent choice if you want to apply a growth strategy.
Tuff Growth creates personalized teams serving your company as in-house growth marketing squads.
The advantage is the increased flexibility of a more hands-off approach, as you won’t have to hire an internal marketing team.
Besides, Tuff Growth has a solid team of technical SEO specialists with excellent technical skills.
They can help you with technical optimization to build effective web pages, but they will also optimize your ads, content, and user experience.
Their compounding growth strategy includes:
- Technical SEO
- Content creation
- Paid media
- User experience
- Performance creatives
- Website speed optimization
And all this is based on an effective, constantly optimized strategy that starts with accurate insights.
However, Tuff Growth is, like we said, better for an overall growth marketing strategy. Breeeze is a more effective (and affordable) bet if you’re purely interested in SEO.
3. Onely: Best Technical SEO-Focused Agency
- Clients: TPC Interactive, Europejski Fundusz Leasingowy, Stratos Jet Charters, 123FormBuilder, Abriga Polska
Onely is one of the best technical SEO agencies if your focus is thorough technical optimization without other SEO or digital marketing services.
Onely’s technical SEO services include:
- Core update recovery
- On-page SEO
- Crawl budget optimization
- Internal linking optimization
- Information architecture
- Structured data services
- Core web vitals
- Mobile SEO
- Angular SEO
- Google penalty recovery
- Link risk management
- Website structure optimization
- Server log analysis
- Link audit services
The search engine optimization agency follows a simple process:
- Discovery: Onely’s technical SEO team learns your business goals and what you think your SEO needs are.
- Technical SEO audit: This part regards a comprehensive website analysis, from keyword research to Google Analytics and user experience, focusing on your SEO goals.
- Strategy: Onely creates a data-driven technical SEO strategy to fix your website’s technical issues. They will work with your website developers to implement this plan.
Onely will constantly stay in touch with you throughout the project, supporting your web dev team and monitoring results.
That said, Onely cannot help you with content strategy, creation, or PR link-building. If you want to scale up your SEO campaign with these tactics eventually, Breeeze can be a better choice.
4. Single Grain: Full-Service Digital Marketing Agency
- Services: Conversion rate optimization, paid advertising, content marketing
- Clients: Amazon, Nasdaq, Intuit, Uber, Crunchbase, Nextiva, ENS, Peet’s Coffee
Single Grain’s unique selling point is helping you can rank higher in search engine result pages without any on-page optimization or link-building.
Here’s their thinking:
Relevant content writing and valuable links in authoritative websites can get more SEO juice to your website. But technical SEO is the solid foundation of your online presence and qualified traffic.
If search engines like Google cannot index your website correctly, your search engine ranking is affected. And that tanks your online visibility.
Single Grain claims to help you with this because:
- They have a proven track record of success with major brands like Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon.
- They have a team of technical SEO experts.
The technical SEO services you can expect from them include:
- Website structure analysis
- Improved crawlability, internal linking, and usability
- Building XML sitemaps, tags, and robot.txt files
- Adding schema markup
- Optimizing URL structure
- Fixing errors
- Removing duplicate content
- Enhancing page load time
- Improving your external and internal link structure
5. WebFX: Best for All-in-One Marketing
- Services: SEO management, digital marketing strategy, PPC, social media advertising, geofencing, ecommerce marketing, content marketing, design, development, UX, CRO, CRM
- Clients: HydroWorx, Kent County Tourism Corporation, Area Flooring & Tile Inc, PaulB Parts, Furbo
If Full Grain is a full-service digital marketing agency, WebFX takes it one step further with a slew of online services.
So, why choose WebFX instead of a technical SEO agency like Onely or a comprehensive SEO agency like Breeeze?
WebFX can take care of all online facets of your ecommerce business.
From organic search to paid search, website design to website optimization, and lead generation to conversion rate optimization and CRM, WebFX is the definition of an all-in-one solution.
In terms of technical SEO, their SEO team starts with technical audits checking:
- Technical issues like status codes, organic search performance, and relevant keywords
- Your Google Search Console data
- Your competitors' technical search engine optimization
Based on these findings, WebFX will make comprehensive strategy recommendations and help you with SEO-focused content, engaging landing page copy, marketing, sales data unification, and in-depth tracking.
Conversely, WebFX may not be your best bet if you’re looking for highly specialized technical SEO or SEO management for a SaaS startup.
In this case, working with a small dedicated agency like Onely or Breeeze is best. These companies are also considerably more affordable than a huge digital marketing platform like WebFX.
6. FreshEgg: Comprehensive Digital Marketing
- Services: Analytics, data and insight, conversion rate optimization, SEO strategy, website migrations, technical SEO, content audits, paid search, web development, content marketing
- Clients: John Lewis Finance, RSPCA, Simplyhealth, Agria, Wineware
FreshEgg is another digital marketing agency, like Single Grain. But unlike Single Grain, they offer more comprehensive online services and more flexibility.
You can count on them for project support, consultancy, or done-for-you digital marketing campaigns.
In terms of technical SEO, they offer:
- Ongoing support: Technical analysis regularly and collaboration with your development team to improve your website according to Google's algorithm updates
- One-off projects: Website audit and punctual solutions to improve keyword rankings and online visibility
- SEO consultancy: FreshEgg can support your in-house team to find technical SEO issues and implement solutions
The technical optimization issues they can solve include:
- Website indexation issues
- Slow page speed
- Poor mobile performance issues
- Organic traffic loss
- Google Search Console errors
- Unnecessary redirects
- Poor website performance
- Broken images
- Poor website structure and internal linking
Pro tip: If Breeeze is best for B2B SaaS, FreshEgg is best for retail websites. They can help you with specific eCommerce link building techniques and SEO, from URL and image optimization to duplicate content removal and voice search.
7. Sparro: Best for Performance Marketing
- Services: Marketing Automation, attribution modeling, audience profiling, conversion optimization, paid media, content production, SEO management
- Clients: Little Birdie, Showpo, Bing Lee, Applaws, Temple & Webster
Sparro is another large digital marketing agency that helps major brands with everything from audience profiling to content production, SEO, and conversion optimization.
While it’s not a technical SEO agency per se, its technical SEO services are comprehensive.
Sparro knows that technical optimization is the pillar supporting your entire SEO strategy.
That’s why the agency offers audits, technical SEO consultancy, and implementation.
Their team of technical SEO consultants will effectively optimize your website so search engines can crawl and index it better. And your website visitors will have a more positive user experience.
As a result, you will rank higher in SERPs.
Sparro’s bespoke approach to technical SEO is another point in their favor.
They claim not to have any cookie-cutter solutions. Instead, they base all technical SEO solutions on hard data from your website’s audit.
And if you need to scale up your SEO or digital marketing efforts, Sparro can help you with a wealth of solutions.
Which Technical SEO Agency Will You Pick?
All the SEO companies in this review have their pros and cons. And while there’s no perfect choice in the abstract, there is a perfect choice for you.
For example, FreshEgg is best if you’re an ecommerce brand. Onely is best if you’re interested in technical optimization alone. Tuff Growth is best for growth marketing.
And Breeeze will help you with comprehensive, scalable, and sustainable SEO at an affordable price.
- This data-driven agency has helped its sister agency, inBeat, grow to $4,000,000 in pipeline value.
- Their client Content Allies saw a $2,000,000 increase in organic pipeline value.
- Client Arielle went from $17,000 to $73,000 monthly in organic traffic value in six months.
They can bring similar results to you.
Book a free strategy call, and you’ll get a high-level SEO audit plus a bespoke plan for your needs.