Imagine this situation:
- You’re going to an amazing party and want to stand out from the crowd, so you need the right outfit.
- You find an excellent tailor who can craft the outfit of your dreams instead of the store-made ones.
- They can also order your shoes and jewelry from their partners, so you won’t have to go elsewhere.
That’s white-label SEO (aka SEO reselling).
- The party you’re going to represents the search engine result pages.
- The tailor is an SEO agency that offers excellent services (but not all services).
- Therefore, they subcontract part of the work.
This situation has pros and cons, but you’re on the right page to decide if it works for you.
- How white-label SEO works
- 9 benefits of this partnership
- 7 tips for choosing your new white-label SEO service provider
- 4 white-label SEO partners to try in 2023
Keep reading below:
What Is White-Label SEO?
Fun fact: “White-label” is a frequent marketing and SEO term.
This expression conveys the idea of a blank or clean label that you can customize however you want.
It’s the same in the world of SEO. White-label SEO refers to:
- SEO services provided by one company, but:
- Sold to clients under a different brand.
Basically, the second company (you) takes ownership of the service and endorses it to the active client without referencing the original provider.
Enter the concept of black label.
“Black-label” services are those the creator SEO company provides, selling under their own branding.
That brings us to the next point:
How Does a White-Label SEO Relationship Work?
Here’s the tl;dr version of white labeling:
Remember: You can subcontract your work occasionally or enter into a long-term white-label partnership.
Let’s explain this infographic by using an example.
Side note: All agency names in this section are made up for the example’s sake.
You’re dating app Bumble and are looking for an SEO agency to help you dominate SERPs.
After assessing the best such agencies, you pick an agency called SEO Masters. This is the one with the best results and the most affordable price.
Let’s say SEO Masters:
- Does amazing with technical and off-page SEO, but:
- They outsource the on-page and content writing to another company called Content Masters.
Well, Content Masters works for SEO Masters anonymously. They create amazing strategies and high-conversion content like this front-page CTA:
The outsourcing agency SEO Masters checks and approves the content and presents it to you, Bumble, as their own.
9 Reasons to Use White-Label SEO Services
If you’ve read so far, you can already intuit some reasons to use white-label providers if you’re an SEO agency:
- You can offer a wide range of services without investing in additional staff or training.
- You have more flexibility to add new services without developing the necessary expertise for your house team.
- You can present more affordable fees to your potential clients because you won’t invest in advanced SEO tools.
- You can expand your client base by offering increased value. As a result, you can increase your profit margin considerably.
- You can scale up your company because you can focus on client relationships and other marketing strategies.
White-label SEO programs offer specific benefits for your agency clients too:
- They can get high-quality services from one place instead of finding different partners.
- They have one dedicated project manager who supervises the entire search engine optimization campaign.
- This seamless communication helps them save time.
- They’ll save money in the long run compared to working with multiple agencies.
How to Choose Your New White-Label SEO Service Provider
If you decided to choose a white-label SEO service provider, here are the steps you should cross-check off your list:
1. Get the Right Expertise
The white-label SEO company you’re partnering with should offer the right services to help you reach your campaign goals.
Remember: Agencies offer a larger array than white-label freelancers with only niche expertise, such as B2B link-building.
A solid white-label SEO agency should offer personalized SEO tactics across different marketing channels, handle your SEO management, and perform campaign reporting.
These white-label solutions include:
- Keyword research to ensure your content fits customers’ organic search intent.
- Content creation and optimization. Your team of experts ensures your company ranks for relevant keywords, increasing your visibility and organic traffic.
- On-page SEO: These SEO services include optimizing your headings, title tags, URLs, meta description, and link structure. These elements increase your search engine visibility and click-through rate.
- Technical SEO: This part is essential to avoid bounce rates and to increase your visitors’ session length and depth. Basically, if your website is fast, responsive, and user-friendly, your visitors will spend more time interacting with it. And that means they’ll visit more pages.
- Off-page SEO: This part includes social media management, public relations, citation building, and local SEO – anything that can bring you more link juice from outside your website.
And you can choose the white-label services you lack to ensure a successful SEO campaign.
Let's say you're a digital marketing agency. Your white-label partners can create specific content assets, such as TikTok videos or entire PR link-building strategies.
Some white-label firms handle the strategy behind your SEO campaign, but you can also outsource technical SEO issues.
Pro tip: Ensure these services for agencies include monthly reporting.
2. Get a Well-Liked Agency
After ensuring your white-label SEO agency offers the right services for your needs, ensure they’re trustworthy.
- Online reviews
- Social media comments and interactions
Remember that companies only post their best client reviews on their website.
Here’s one of the success stories we posted – and obviously, it’s good:
That’s why you should check your potential white-label partners on third-party review websites, such as Trustpilot, Capterra, or Clutch.
Pro tip: Ask your business acquaintances for honest reviews; they’re more likely to be upfront and insightful.
3. Get an Agency that Practices What It Preaches
One excellent way to ensure you’re partnering with the right white-label provider is to look at their website.
The agency clearly knows its job if its website looks polished and user-friendly. If it has high search engine rankings itself, this shows its own SEO team does a good job.
But an SEO agency with a poorly-looking website is less likely to be trustworthy.
Here are the elements to consider:
- Domain authority
- Page loading speed
- Intuitive navigation
- Content quality
Pro tip: Look at different pages, from service and money pages to blog content.
As you’re browsing through this website, check the next point as well:
4. Partner with Someone who Shows Results
A respectable agency should offer case studies and a track record of success.
If their most successful SEO clients are in your niche, jot down another point in their favor.
Pro tip: Look at who trusts the company.
For example, at Breeeze, we handled the entire B2B SEO strategy for our sister company, inBeat. This influencer marketing platform only had 500 monthly visitors, and Breeeze took it to 70,000.
This case study proves that even Breeeze’s owner trusts the company enough to let it handle its other websites.
Insider tip: Don’t just look at the case study results. Analyze your future white-label partner’s strategies. You’ll get a great insight into how this agency thinks and operates.
Note: Some companies may not post in-depth strategies as we did because of non-disclosure agreements.
Pro tip: If you need additional proof, ask for samples. An agency unwilling to provide samples just raised a massive red flag over its brand.
5. Analyze Customer Service and Interactions
Analyze your communication with the firm, making sure your house team can collaborate well with your white-label partner.
- Are they responsive?
- How can you contact them?
- Do they offer extended support like live chat or a help center?
Next, ask your potential white-label company-specific questions about their work experience and services for agencies.
- What are their go-to methods to increase website visibility and organic traffic?
- Do they only use white-hat SEO practices to increase organic searches?
- Do they dabble in gray or black-hat tactics like keyword stuffing, cloaking, and private blog networks (PBN)?
- What are their favorite SEO tools?
- What are their SEO and other link-building packages?
- What does their campaign management entail?
- Do they offer weekly or monthly reporting?
Pro tip: Ask the agency about their market experience and client case studies.
Even if you’ve read these things online, it’s worth seeing how they respond to your request.
6. Look through their Fees
Of course, you need a white-label SEO provider that fits your budget.
Each agency practices different pricing structures:
- Monthly fee: Best for ongoing work that varies from month to month but involves fairly typical SEO issues
- Hourly fee: Best for small projects and consultancy
- Project-based pricing: Best for one-off projects
- Personalized cost according to your SEO goals: Best for atypical cases and large projects
Pro tip: Ensure the pricing includes all the white-label services you need. This will help you maximize your budget.
7. Determine the Expected Results
A good white-label SEO company has a results-driven strategy.
And they can deliver those effective results fast, without any hiccups. If problems arise, you should count on them for quick troubleshooting.
Here’s how you can be sure the agency you’re partnering with can provide results:
- You can set up a free strategy call with them.
- They have enough time for your project.
- They give you credit for their work or are at least open to negotiating the idea.
- They keep you updated on the project you’re partnering on.
- They are available for free trials or demos.
4 White-Label SEO Partners to Try in 2023
The above section gave you an effective action plan to choose your white-label SEO partner.
Now, let’s look at the top potential partners in the niche.
1. Breeeze: Best for B2B SaaS SEO White-Label
Breeeze is a relatively new SEO agency, but it has had impressive results.
And we already told you that even its sister agency, inBeat, entrusted its SEO campaign to Breeeze.
In fact, Breeeze added $4,000,000 in pipeline value for inBeat – and it can do the same for you.
Breeeze offers several white-label SEO products:
- Sustainable and scalable SEO
- White-label SEO audits
- Only white-hat SEO practices to avoid eliciting the wrath of Google
- SEO management
- Content writing
- HARO link-building services
- Building high-quality links in authoritative sources with DR 60+
- Technical SEO
- Individually tailored white-label SEO packages
Besides, Breeeze boasts white-label SEO reports. That means you can personalize them with your brand details before presenting them to your business clients.
Pro tip: Book a free strategy call to find out how they can specifically boost your SEO efforts.
Pricing: Personalized fee
2. HOTH: Good for White-Label Marketing Services
HOTH promises to help their partners:
- Grow their digital presence
- Enhance their customer acquisition
- Keep their loyal clients
Their popular services include:
- Campaign management, such as SEO, PPC, and social ads
- Content generation, such as blog posts and AI content
- Link-building outreach and insertions
- Local link-building
- Content syndication
- Press releases
- Local SEO
- Reputation management
- White-label reports
- And more
Plus, you’ll have a dedicated campaign manager.
This white-label SEO firm also has 22 free tools you can use for a slew of needs, such as:
- Keyword gap analysis, research, and volume checker
- Blog topic and headline generator
- Online logo maker
- Conversion rate calculator
- Page speed checker
- And more
Pricing: Customized on a case-by-case basis
3. Linkgraph: Good for Enterprise SEO
Linkgraph specializes in enterprise SEO, promising transparent and results-driven strategies.
Their unique selling point consists of innovative software for traffic growth.
And their hook is a free website SEO audit you can access by simply typing in your website address on their homepage.
This will give you a glimpse into what they can do for you and your clients.
Linkgraph addresses two audiences:
- Regular businesses: They promise only white-glove marketing services that help companies achieve their business goals, from small business owners to enterprises. Linkgraph has worked in a range of industries, like healthcare, e-commerce, and SaaS.
- SEO agencies: Linkgraph outsources its white-label SEO services and software to SEO agencies. They promise to “10x your ability to deliver for your clients.”
Their services include:
- Link acquisition
- Local SEO
- Technical SEO
- Content marketing
- On-page SEO
- Paid media management (Google ads and Amazon ads)
- Conversion rate optimization
Their SEO reseller services include:
- White-label link building
- White-label SEO solutions
- White-label SEO software
- White-label PPC services
Linkgraph practices transparent project-based fees. For example, content strategy costs $500, and local SEO is $150. HARO link-building is one of their most expensive services, at $4,250.
You also have SEO packages and bundles to choose from, and the checkout process is straightforward:
You select the services you need and proceed to payment.
Alternatively, you can book a demo so a Linkgraph SEO expert can help you choose the right tools.
4. DashClicks: Affordable All-In-One Platform
DashClicks’ unique selling point is cutting-edge technology.
This white-label SEO firm promises to enhance their clients’ lead generation plans with innovative apps. As a result, DashClicks claims their clients’ pipelines will “fill up faster than you ever thought possible.”
DashClicks’ white-label SEO reseller and content services include:
- Website optimization
- In-depth analytics platform
- Keyword tracking
- Competitor analysis
- Backlink services
- Ads on Facebook, TikTok, and Google
- Listings for local awareness
- Content production and optimization
- Social media management
- And more
DashClicks’ pricing is enticing, at just $99/month, with full access to all the platform’s features. You also get unlimited accounts and users.
On the downside, you will only access their white-label dashboard for this price – not have someone else do the job for you.
If you want white-label Fulfillment Services, the DashClicks Pro subscription gives you access to their fulfillment services.
If you’re unsure, take the platform’s 14-day free trial. The best part is you don’t have to add your credit card details.
Pricing: $99/month for the platform + customized for the white-label Fulfillment Services
How to Expand Your Agency with White-Label SEO
White-label SEO resellers offer a neat opportunity to grow by expanding your array of services.
You can even find affordable white-label SEO platforms for one-off projects, like DashClicks. That way, you can avoid expensive SEO software subscriptions while still delivering high-quality SEO to your clients.
By comparison, Breeeze is a trustworthy white-label agency that can handle your entire SEO management, or specific niches, such as content production, HARO, link-building, and technical SEO.
Remember, our sister agency, inBeat, trusted us, and we generated $4,000,000 in pipeline value for it.
Book a free strategy call and learn how we can help you achieve your business goals.