Imagine going to a fancy restaurant with a toddler.
- The menu abounds with French and Italian dishes.
- Your toddler can’t read or decide fast enough.
- To make things “better,” the restaurant can change its menu without consulting you.
It’s the same in SEO.
- The restaurant represents search engines like Google, where you want to rank high.
- The menu is SEO ranking algorithms, which Google constantly changes.
- The dishes are SEO services.
And you are the kid.
Enter SEO packages. Choosing such a bundle gives you the peace of mind that someone else is choosing the right services to reach your marketing goals.
And you’re on the right page to learn:
- 3 different types of SEO packages
- What’s typically included in SEO packages
- The rate you can expect
- A 5-step process of choosing the best SEO package for your goals
Keep reading below.
- SEO Packages in 2023: This comprehensive guide explains everything you need to know about SEO packages in 2023.
- Three Types of SEO Packages: There are three main types of SEO packages: Local, National, and SEO Audit. Each caters to different business needs.
- What's Included: A typical SEO package includes research, keyword research, content creation, on-page SEO, technical SEO, and link building.
- Cost of SEO Packages: SEO packages typically range from $2,000 to $7,000 per month, depending on the services included and your business needs.
- Choosing the Right Package: To choose the right SEO package, analyze your current SEO efforts, determine your goals and budget, read client reviews, and ensure the agency promises realistic results.
- Benefits of SEO Packages: SEO packages offer a cost-effective way to improve your website's visibility, save time, and build a long-term partnership with an agency.
- Book a call with Breeeze: Consider Breeeze as a reliable option for SEO services, offering scalable solutions, expert project managers, customization, and in-depth reporting.
What Are SEO Packages?
Quality SEO packages are like a balanced meal the kid’s mom chooses. Or like a concierge service.
SEO agencies specifically tailor these bundles to include different search engine optimization services.
And most SEO firms tailor these packages in different tiers.
You must choose the right SEO package for your needs, paying the corresponding fixed or monthly fee.
For example, start-up packages may include fewer inbound links and keyword research per month than enterprise packages.
Having this choice is great because:
- You can maximize your SEO budget.
- Business owners have more time to work on other marketing goals.
- You have just one project manager to communicate with instead of different agencies.
- You can establish a long-term partnership with an SEO company that will gain useful, relevant insights into your company. Therefore, it will understand your needs and opportunities better.
- Quality SEO packages include everything you need.
- Knowledgeable SEO service providers offer customized packages to ensure all their business clients are happy.
Types of SEO Packages
There are three main types of SEO packages to consider: local, national, and SEO audit.
1. Local SEO Package: Best for Physical Locations
If you have a brick-and-mortar business, you need local SEO to funnel more real customers to your store. Winning with local SEO means getting more phone calls, directions through Google Maps, and actual visits to your store.
A local search engine optimization package is best at boosting foot traffic because it:
- Optimizes your website for location-based keywords
- Addresses your local customer base
- Optimizes your Google Business Profile
2. (Inter)national SEO Package: Best for Large Niches
If you have an online website or your market is broader, you need national or even international traffic.
That means you also have more competitors across different geographical areas or countries.
In this case, you need an (inter)national SEO service package that focuses on:
- Optimizing your content with relevant keywords with high search intent
- Updating your keyword strategy continuously based on thorough competitor analysis
- Link-building services
3. SEO Audit Package: Best for Research
If your website is not ranking well, you need an in-depth SEO audit to discover the causes.
Especially if there’s no explanation for this.
- The agency will comb through your content, on-page optimization, user experience, technical SEO, and link profile.
- Your SEO experts will identify all the errors and penalties affecting your search engine visibility and traffic.
- The agency will prioritize the factors in order of importance, so you can climb up the search engine results and get more organic traffic.
What Does a Typical SEO Package Include?
Most agencies include an audit, content writing, and optional link-building. An SEO plan, communication, and monthly reporting are also typically included in the price.
Here’s what you can expect:
A solid agency typically starts with an SEO audit to understand:
- Potential SEO issues
- Your missed opportunities
The agency will also research:
- Your audience’s search intent, language, and behavior on your website
- Your competitors’ keywords, paid ads, and link-building strategies
- Market trends in terms of preferred topics and backlink building
2. Keyword Research and Content Creation
Keyword research is essential for SEO. You can’t become visible to your audience unless you rank for the keywords they’re using to discover your services.
So, the agency will identify high search intent keyword opportunities that:
- Bring you lots of traffic.
- Are frequently used by your potential customers.
Pro tip: Successful SEO campaigns include both low-competition and competitive keywords.
Some agencies also create blog posts following this keyword strategy, optimizing your target pages to ensure a high conversion rate.
3. On-Page SEO
On-page SEO entails optimizing specific elements on your pages to:
- Increase search engine visibility and click-through rate
- Decrease bounce rates
- Help Google and other search engines to index your website better
For example, solid meta-descriptions and title tags let potential visitors understand what your web page is about, so they’re likelier to click on your link.
A solid link profile and content optimization keep your visitors on your website more, prolonging visit length and depth.
And those are all essential signals that:
- Tell Google your website is relevant.
- Help major search engines crawl and index your website, thus ranking it appropriately.
4. Technical SEO
Technical SEO affects user experience. And UX is one of the key ranking factors for Google because it increases:
- Visit length
- Visit depth
Basically, it builds your website’s authority and organic traffic, telling Google to rank your website higher.
Technical optimization includes loading speed, errors, mobile optimization, and more.
5. Link Building
Building authoritative links from reputable sources in your industry increases your online presence. Your custom SEO package will include the type of link-building tactics you need, such as:
- HARO link-building
- Digital PR
- Relationship-based link-building
- Guest posts
- And more
The number of backlinks depends on the pricing plan you choose.
That brings us to the next point:
How Much Does a Typical SEO Package Cost?
A typical search engine optimization package costs between $2,000 and $7,000/month.
The price depends on the included services.
For example, basic packages for start-ups cost less than custom packages for enterprises. Additional services like social media management, conversion rate optimization, or LinkedIn profile creation tilt the price scale too.
Remember: You can still see results with affordable SEO packages if they're right for your needs.
That’s why you need an SEO audit to start.
For example, you don’t need extensive content creation or social media marketing if technical SEO affects your website performance.
You should also consider the package duration.
- Monthly SEO packages put more strain on your financial department, but they allow increased flexibility.
- Project-based fees allow you to focus on an immediate SEO issue, but they can quickly snowball.
- Fixed SEO package prices entail the most hands-off approach, but you must ensure you’ve chosen the right agency first.
And we’ll tell you how to do that in a second.
How to Choose an SEO Package for Your Business
If the sections above convinced you to try an SEO service package, keep reading below.
We’ll analyze five decisive factors to help you pick the right bundle and a solid SEO provider.
1. Analyze Your Current SEO Efforts
To create a results-driven SEO campaign, you must first understand your sore points and environment.
A SWOT analysis will help you get started:
- Strengths: Analyze your current SEO strengths, such as the target keywords you’re ranking for, quality content, or stellar digital marketing.
- Weaknesses: Determine the errors and strategy mistakes that affect your search engine ranking and traffic.
- Opportunities: Analyze your website, niche, audience, and competitors to find opportunities. For example, you can market one of your products’ innovative features using low-competition keywords. Or, you can transform your written content into videos because your audience is massively using YouTube.
- Threats: Identify threats from your environment, such as your rivals’ increased advertising budgets or link-building efforts.
Pro tip: Many free and paid SEO tools help you get started with this. At Breeeze, we mostly use Ahrefs and SEMrush.
Here’s a section of an in-depth site audit conducted with HOTH’s free tool:
2. Determine Your Goals
Here’s how you find your goals:
- The issues in this audit are prioritized according to your current situation.
- Get a bird’s eye view of these issues, and use these insights to establish your goals.
- Determine what SEO services you would need to reach those business goals.
- Check the services included in the package to see if the agency features the ones you need.
- Determine the degree of customization available.
3. Determine Your Budget
Follow these three steps to ensure you allocate the right amount to SEO:
- Your means: Consider your overall marketing budget and how much you can realistically invest in this.
- Your industry: Research the average cost of SEO services in your industry and location to understand what you can expect.
- Your competition: Consider the level of competition in your industry and the resources that your competitors are investing in SEO.
Pro tip: Consult with an SEO expert to get an accurate estimate of the costs involved in achieving your SEO goals. They can help you determine:
- The type of services you need
- How long it will take to see the results
- How much you should be willing to invest
Warning: Steer clear of prices that are too low.
Chances are these companies use black-hat instead of white-hat SEO tactics. Your website can be hidden or flagged if their practices don’t respect Google’s guidelines.
That brings us to the next point:
4. Find Out Other Clients’ Opinions
Read testimonials, reviews, and case studies about the agencies you’ve shortlisted so far.
Pro tip: Check these recommendations and examples are all real.
Take this example:
This is one of the testimonials we have for Breeeze. The unscripted video immediately shows you that this is a genuine recommendation.
And the results speak for themselves.
5. Find an Agency That Promises Realistic, Attainable Results
If you’ve taken the three steps above, you’ve shortlisted a few of the best agencies for your needs.
Now it’s time to set strategy calls with the chosen few.
Insider tip: Agencies that don’t offer this courtesy meeting look suspicious.
Use this meeting to:
- Understand if the agency promises sustainable results that come from a solid strategy: If the firm’s promises sound too good to be true, ditch them.
- Ask them about their methods: Ensure the agency doesn’t use keyword stuffing, article spinning, doorway pages, or link farms. Check if they use a results-driven approach based on real metrics instead of creative intuition.
- Understand their tools: Ask the agency if they use proprietary methods and understand the SEO tools in their arsenal. High-end software is a good sign the agency will build you a solid SEO campaign because they’ve taken the time and resources to invest in excellent tools.
- Review their communication: Inquire about their customer service and reporting. Ask who will be your dedicated account manager and how you can get in touch with them.
- Determine your future potential relationship: Ensure the agency will constantly adapt its current SEO strategy to keep your competitive edge.
Pro tip: Avoid companies that guarantee specific or too fast results. Chances are they’re disingenuous, or they use suspicious tactics.
Choose the Right SEO Package
SEO service packages spare you a lot of headaches:
- You have an entire team of SEO experts optimizing your website.
- You save money.
- You can establish a long-term relationship with a trustworthy agency.
If you follow the steps above, you can choose the best bundle for all your future SEO needs.
Breeeze is a great place to start.
- You’ll get white-hat scalable SEO based on clear metrics and a solid strategy.
- Your expert project manager will be available for all your questions.
- You can customize your search engine optimization package according to your needs.
- You’ll get in-depth, easy-to-understand reports.
And you’ll be in great company with Monday.com, American Express, Mention, and more.
Let’s schedule that strategy call, and we’ll give you all the details.